Sunday, June 12, 2005

Back, with an Agenda

Another long break...it's become increasingly difficult to find motivation to keep the blogging going, especially when things have been heating up a bit on the work front. Anyways...here's what inspired this post - a few weeks ago I discovered that Prem Panicker, (formerly?) of Rediff, has started a new blog, Sightscreen. I also found in the 'blogosphere', some effusive praise for Panicker's work in general and in particular about how he was the first real cricket blogger. I agree with the second part. As for the way writes - I don't like it one bit (doesn't mean I don't agree with anything he says). Now, we all play armchair analysts, but I always thought Prem Panicker was a real know-all. The less said about his "Panix Station" on Rediff, the better. I had the misfortune of listening in once. There - I said it. - NK

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know it All?!? I wouldnt say that about Prem Panicker. Cynical, yes, one could say that. I used to be a subscriber to Rediff radio exclusively to listen to panix station. But the cynicism, constant criticism and fawning got to me.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Queasy Rider said...

Rishi, I couldn't agree more with you about the cynicism. I was myself a regular reader of Prem on rediff. I did not feel comfortable saying what I did since I don't intend to be personal, but when you criticise everything, the implication is you know better.

- NK

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home