Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Superbowl Jinx

First, the good news - Superbowl is LIVE on SBS. Hooray! Now the bad news - Michael Vick and the Atlanta Falcons are nowhere to be seen. I'm kidding...I know they didn't even make the play-offs, but after last season's run, I was expecting the Falcons to get better. Getting back to the bad news, the real bad news, I mean - is that the telecast is at 10am. What is it with Superbowl and me? Last year I was in Melbourne as well, although I managed to sneak out for a while from work and catch some action. The year before, I was travelling to Chicago for a client and was in a taxi on my way from Midway when the game started. Fortunately, I caught the last quarter in my hotel room and what a finish that was! In 2003, believe it or not, I was at work! One of the few Sundays I ever had to work, although admittedly I was still new to football. Once again, I came home to just catch the last minutes of the Buccaneers' mauling of Rich Gannon and the Raiders. Even as I type, my mind is working away furiously, trying to drum up any excuse it can, so I don't have to go to the office on time come Monday. Hopefully, it will be worthwhile. - NK

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lets go steelers :). full faith on Roethlisberger, Bettis and head coach Cowher!

2:27 PM  
Blogger RPM said...

It was quite a boring Super Bowl this one. Not much on offense, not much on defense. Basically a low quality game where one or two plays and one or two calls/reviews decided the game.

Oh well, on to the next year.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Unsui said...

' managed to sneak out for a while from work and catch some action' was that referring to famous JJ JT show :P. Well couldn't see the game this year was following it on internet. Anyways the way things are at the moment In don't see Vikings redemption in next season as well :-(

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home